Considering a Move to Colorado?
Living at Sterling Ranch, in Colorado’s Renowned Douglas County will change your life!
One-of-a-Kind Location That Elevates Your Life
The Douglas County difference
Sterling Ranch is located in Douglas County, which is conveniently positioned between Colorado’s two largest cities — Denver and Colorado Springs.
Douglas County offers unmatched quality of life:
- Home to three beautiful, perfect-for-recreating state parks (Chatfield, Roxborough, Castlewood Canyon) , Chatfield Reservoir, the Highline Canal and miles of trails
- Boasts great schools across public and private sectors
- Acclaimed as Colorado’s top county for overall health and wellness year after year
- Recognized by Niche as the state’s best county for families in 2022
- Named a top-ten digital county in the United States
- Holds fifth position among the nation’s happiest counties
Colorado Life Honors Our Heritage
From the olden days of hard work, ranching, mining, and colonizing, Coloradans have come together as a family unit to settle the land and provide for their families and communities. Though things have surely changed, grown, and become more modern since then, the Code of the West and “we can do this together” attitudes remained. When you live here, you feel a sense of belonging, a sense of meaning, and a sense of contributing to something greater than yourself — this is the essence of Colorado. Read on for some fun and interesting facts about what life is like in Colorful Colorado.
Cost of living
According to the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade, here’s how we compare to the rest of the United States when it comes to cost of living:
- Only 12% above the national average (compare to 36% in California and 31% in Massachusetts)
- 16.2% above national average for income rates
- 30% below cost of living of the West or East coast cities
- #3 least expensive state for energy (Wallethub, 2020)
- #9 best state to earn a living (Money Rates, 2020)
- 4.2% below national average for health care
- #16 best state in 2021 according to U.S. News and World Report
One of the state’s best-kept secrets is its incredible year-round climate. In Colorado, for many months you can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon!
- 300 days of sunshine
- Blue-skied winters with mild temperatures, champagne snow and enduring evergreens
- Springs that sprinkle refreshing rain and sow wildflowers galore
- Summers that bring all the heat — all the fun! — and none of the humidity
- Crisp autumns that emblazon the mountainsides with stunning, “leaf-peeping”-worthy golden aspens
A uniquely healthy (and happy!) lifestyle
There are so many things to be thankful for when living in Colorado. With nature in our backyard, we are lucky to be one of the healthiest states in the country. According to the Outdoor Recreation Association, 92% of Colorado residents participate in outdoor recreation, which helps people lead happy and healthy lives.
Hiking, biking, skiing and rock climbing are just some of the fun outdoor activities people love to do while living here. We are also privy to a number of national and local boutique fitness chains where we can get our sweat on indoors.
Beyond all the outdoor and indoor fitness trends, our healthy culture is expressed in a number of other ways:
- Dozens of farmers’ markets sprinkled across the state
- Scores of delicious restaurants featuring fresh local fare
- An outstanding health care system, including one of the best children’s hospitals in the country
Booming career opportunities
When it comes to work opportunities in Colorado, the options seem endless. Our thriving economy boasts a vast number of both large corporations and fast-growing start-ups to foster our careers. With a variety of industries such as outdoor recreation, tourism, technology, health care, energy and natural resources right at our fingertips, people are able to score jobs they are passionate about and can live their proverbial “best lives.”
Some other fun facts about the Colorado workforce:
- Nation’s second-largest aerospace economy
- #2 state for concentration of high-tech jobs in 2020
- Home to four of the nation’s top ten cities for tech start-ups
- Workers in the technology and information industry earn 98% more than the average private sector employee
- Cutting-edge leader in health care industry
At Sterling Ranch, we embrace the Colorado lifestyle and all it has to offer — which, as you can see, is a lot! Now is the perfect time to join us and become part of this special place.
This is Sterling Ranch
Sterling Ranch is Douglas County's premier new home community located at the base of the breathtaking Rocky Mountain Foothills near Highlands Ranch and Littleton. Colorado-inspired homes in an awe-inspiring Colorado location.
This is Sterling Ranch.