Supporting Our Residents
Get to know the CAB
As a master-planned community, we have the advantage of carefully planning all aspects of our neighborhood operations. The Sterling Ranch Community Authority Board (CAB) is a special-purpose local government responsible for operating the community.
The CAB serves many public functions including the planning, financing, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public improvements.
These public improvements include things like roads, water and sewer systems, as well as parks and open space areas. The CAB also provides covenant, declaration and rule and regulation enforcement services.
This is the reason most people choose to live in a master-planned community, as their properties are better protected and the property values are maintained — and often increased — as a result of thoughtfully executed covenants.
What is a metropolitan district?
Simply put, it is a quasi-municipal corporation and political subdivision of the State of Colorado. It is a governmental entity bound by similar rules as a city government. A metropolitan district is not an HOA. Though it offers many of the same community-enhancing functions as an HOA
- Is funded through property taxes and service fees and charges, not dues
- Pays for a community’s infrastructure and district operations
- Provides services otherwise overseen by local municipalities, such as
- Water and sewer
- Road maintenance and snow removal
- Recreation amenities (parks, trails and rec centers)
- Trash and recycling collection
- Fire protection
- And more
What are the CAB’s responsibilities?
As the governing body at Sterling Ranch, the CAB has many important responsibilities. Foremost, it oversees operations and governance at Sterling Ranch. Several departments play key roles in carrying out the CAB’s responsibilities:
The Construction Department
Supervises infrastructure construction and maintenance projects (such as water and sewer lines, streets and curbs) and oversees builder inspections.
The Finance Department
Manages the flow of funds; it handles the billing for water, sewer and trash collection service, and it processes payments of invoices.
The Public Administration Department
Ensures proper legal and administrative functioning of the CAB, the metropolitan districts, and the various departments comprising CAB staff.
Community Experience and Resident Support Teams
Assist owners with their more frequent requests:
- Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces oversees lifestyle programming and the community event calendar; it maintains recreation spaces, parks, landscaping and other ongoing maintenance of the community. This team also includes the community’s Member Services Ambassadors who staff our amenity centers.
- Architectural, Builder and Community Standards works with builders and homeowners alike to ensure a cohesive architectural style for the community.
Our CAB team is here for YOU!
The Sterling Ranch CAB staff members contribute to the thoughtful plans of neighborhoods, support our award-winning sustainability efforts and are an integral part of creating an incredibly close-knit community of families and friends. The CAB staff members support our unique community in many ways, including:
- Planning scores of neighborhood events, such as holiday celebrations, movie nights and more thanks to our very own Lifestyle Director
- Facilitating connections between local businesses and residents
- Guiding residents through home design reviews and landscaping requests
- Maintaining regular communication with residents about all things related to Sterling Ranch
- Financing, acquiring, constructing, completing, operating and maintaining neighborhood improvements
- Providing trash, recycling, and snow removal services
- Assisting with community and residential smart technology implementation
- Offering residents landscaping tips for water-wise, guideline-approved yard designs
Always available to help . . .
The CAB team is available seven days a week and would love to help you with anything you may need. Whether you are a resident or are thinking about buying a new home at Sterling Ranch, we welcome and encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our wonderful CAB team members. You can also come by and speak to someone in person at the Info Desk inside the Sterling Center or visit the Resident Resource Center at 8220 Piney River Avenue, Littleton, CO 80125. We look forward to assisting you.
This is Sterling Ranch
Sterling Ranch is Douglas County's premier new home community located at the base of the breathtaking Rocky Mountain Foothills near Highlands Ranch and Littleton. Colorado-inspired homes in an awe-inspiring Colorado location.
This is Sterling Ranch.