Acro Dance 101
Acro Dance is a mixture of multiple traditional dance styles of ballet, jazz, and lyrical combined with a ton of fun acrobatic tricks and basic tumbling skills to create a new dance style for kids. The program is provided by POYDS Dance Company.
Acro Dance 101 is one of the newest kid/teen dance & fitness styles out in the industry! Acro Dance is exactly a combination of its name, think gymnastic floor work, dance, and Cirque du Soleil acrobatics all combined into one fun, interactive dance class! Acro Dance is a mixture of multiple traditional dance styles of ballet, jazz, and lyrical combined with a ton of fun acrobatic tricks and basic tumbling skills to create a new dance style for kids and teens! Some acro skills dancers will learn during their 6-week course includes somersaults, cartwheels, candlesticks, teddybear stands, bridges, front & back walkovers, fish flops, basic handstands, floor rolls, and much more while also focusing on key foundational dance movements to increase their overall body strength, flexibility, balance and muscle control. A great introductory class for any child seeking a fun, new alternative way to get into dance or to increase their overall health!
- Mondays from 4:45pm – 5:30pm – 5 – 8 yrs Kids Acro Dance (4 participants only)
- Mondays from 5:45pm – 6:30pm – 5 – 8 yrs Kids Acro Dance (4 participants only)
- Saturdays from 10:30am – 11:15am – 5 – 8 yrs Kids Acro Dance (4 participants only)
- Saturdays from 11:30am – 12:15pm – 5 – 8 yrs Kids Acro Dance (4 participants only)
Attire & Shoes:
- Form-fitting clothing – leotard & spandex shorts, biketard, leotard with footless tights
- No t-shirts, mid-rift shirts, bralettes or loose-fitting clothing
- Shoes: Barefoot
- Acro Dance 6 Week Program – $185 per dancer
- *Family Bundle Package – $300.00 for two (2) dancers ($370 value)
*Due to a teacher scheduling conflict on Saturday, March 13th, this class date will be rescheduled to Saturday, April 3rd for the final workout of the 6-week program.