ACTIVE MINDS: WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE IN THE US
Women’s Suffrage in the U.S.
It took activists and reformers many decades to win the right to vote for women in the United States and on August 18, 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was finally ratified. Join Active Minds as we tell the story of women’s right to vote in the United States 100 years later. We will highlight the role of Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and others as well as discuss current issues around gender equality in our political process and leadership.
Two easy ways to join:
With Internet: Connect via the Internet (using computer, tablet, smartphone):
- Go to zoom.com
- Click “Join a meeting”
- Enter this Meeting ID: 390 062 685 and click “Join”
- Click OK if it asks to launch Zoom or something similar
- Enter meeting Password: 577620
- When prompted to join audio, select computer or internet audio (do not select dial-in)
Without Internet: Connect by Phone (audio only):
- Dial any one of these numbers:
- 1-346-248-7799 (Lots of numbers in case one or two are busy)
- When prompted enter the Meeting ID: 390 062 685 #(spaces there for easy reading)
- Then press # again when it asks for participant number
This program is being brought to you by Sterling Ranch and Active Minds®. Expanding lives and minds with community based educational programs.