It’s August? Already?!? As the long, warm days wane and summer comes to an end, there’s a new energy buzzing at Sterling Ranch: it’s back-to-school time! August marks a shift for many families in the community. It’s a joyful time of discovering new friendships and establishing new routines.
Families at Sterling Ranch enjoy a plethora of educational choices in the neighborhood and around the area — there’s a perfect fit for everyone. Let’s have a look at some of the nearest options.
Schools near Sterling Ranch
Sterling Ranch’s convenient location makes life easier in so many ways, and educating our future leaders is no exception. Situated within the renowned Douglas County School District (DCSD), the community is rich with options. Want an excellent K–12 education through the public school system? Or is a charter (specialized) school more in line with your family’s vision? Whatever your preference, you’ll find it near Sterling Ranch.
Just as Sterling Ranch takes a forward-thinking, innovative approach, DCSD schools do as well. From the day they enter a kindergarten classroom to the time they proudly cross the stage to accept their diplomas at graduation, learners are challenged and supported in all academic and extracurricular pursuits.
For those taking the public school route, here are the excellent neighborhood schools available to Sterling Ranch families:
- Roxborough Primary School (Grades Pre-K–2): 4.3 miles / 8 min. drive
- This International Baccalaureate (IB) World School teaches students about the world around them and shares a building with Roxborough Intermediate.
- Coyote Creek Elementary School (Grades Pre-K–6): 4.9 miles / 9 min. drive
- Students at this elementary school are challenged to gain foundational knowledge while learning social and emotional skills.
- Roxborough Intermediate (Grades 3–6): 4.9 miles / 9 min. drive
- The coursework at this next-level school strives to develop creative and critical thinkers.
- Ranch View Middle School (Grades 7–8): 5.3 miles / 10 min. drive
- Continuing on the IB path, students here receive an inquiry-based education.
- ThunderRidge High School (Grades 9–12): 5.2 miles/ 10 min. drive
- Boasting a full array of stimulating academic and extracurricular offerings, this IB school readies 21st-century learners for post-school life in a global society.
With a more focused approach to specific learning, charter schools in DCSD have grown in number in recent decades. Several options are available — here are some from the northwestern Douglas County/Highlands Ranch area:
- Ben Franklin Academy (Grades K–8): 6.2 miles / 12 min. drive
- This John Irwin School of Excellence and STEAM School of Choice appeals to “scientifically curious and civically engaged” students.
- Platte River Academy (Grades Pre-K–8): 9.7 miles / 18 min. drive
- This school strives to develop the whole child in a supportive, inclusive environment.
- SkyView Academy (Grades Pre-K–12): 13.4 miles / 19 min. drive
- SkyView focuses on instilling a passion for lifelong learning and developing future leaders.
- STEM School Highlands Ranch (Grades K–12): 6.7 miles / 13 min. drive
- This school, which boasts a nationally ranked high school, makes science and math its primary focus.
Now open at Sterling Ranch: Primrose School
We’re proud to announce that the doors at Primrose School are now open! This on-site early education and child care center is conveniently located next to the Sterling Center. Owners Mike and Mandy Fawcett, along with their children, are delighted to bring this amenity to the community. Pioneer residents of Sterling Ranch, the Fawcetts knew this community was a special place and wanted to be a part of its promising future. They believe in “Active Minds, Healthy Bodies and Happy Hearts”— and so do we! We look forward to watching as this much-anticipated school shapes young minds in Sterling Ranch.
Sterling Ranch: a place where young minds flourish
Sterling Ranch is a unique, tight-knit community in Douglas County, Colorado, the nation’s second-healthiest county. Residents enjoy the conveniences of suburban living, and families thrive with the support of neighbors and a network of schools and businesses. Looking to benefit from an authentic Front Range lifestyle? Visit us today and see for yourself what makes Sterling Ranch a special place to call home.