By far one of the greatest (and perhaps most overlooked) benefits of buying a new home is the builder’s limited warranty that accompanies it. Buying a new home is likely the biggest purchase your family will make — a new home warranty helps you protect it.
Warranty 101: What is a new home warranty?
- Ten-year structural warranty: covers against defects in major structural elements;
- Two-year mechanical warranty: covers the delivery of the home’s systems (wiring, ductwork, plumbing, etc.); and a
- One-year functional warranty: covers workmanship and materials (paint, doors and windows, glass, carpentry, etc.).
Enjoy the benefits of a new home warranty
Peace of mind
- Navigate to the warranty request page or portal
- Add your contact information
- Select a time that works best for your schedule
- Briefly state the issue
- Upload a picture if you have one
That’s it! A representative will contact you with next steps to get the issue resolved.