Sterling Ranch offers home designs for every family . . . here’s how to narrow down your search
As a future Sterling Ranch homeowner, there are more than 70 home designs available to you. To help determine the ideal floorplan design for your family, we wanted to share some simple tips on how to systematically find the perfect fit. We’ve also included some lifestyle-enhancing home designs — available from award-winning builders right here at Sterling Ranch — that are sure to inspire and pique your interest.
There’s a tried-and-true method for discovering your ideal home. First, dream big. Then, get practical. Once you do, your perfect home design will reveal itself.
Step One: Dream big with a Dream List
Step Two: Get practical with a Must Have List
Once you have your dream list, start a new list that includes the practical features and non-negotiables for your lifestyle and your specific needs — this is your “must have” list. Here are some items to consider:
- Number of bedrooms: What are the maximum and minimum number of bedrooms you’re comfortable with? Do you need a spare bedroom?
- Number of bathrooms: Between family members and guests, how many bathrooms will you need to keep your household running smoothly?
- Garage size: How many cars do you own? How many are driven regularly? Do you need a workshop or extra space for storage?
- Home office: Do you work from home? Do you have children that need designated places to complete schoolwork?
- Flexible spaces: From dedicated studies and lofts to bonus rooms and dens, would your family find value in flexible space in the home?
- Number of floors: Would you prefer a one-story ranch or a multilevel home?
- Basement: Is having a basement important to you? If so, would you rather it come finished or unfinished?
- Accessibility: Will you need specific accessibility requirements for your home?
- Living area layout: Are you comfortable with an open flow from kitchen to great room to dining area, or would you prefer something more traditional and separate?
- Outdoor space: How much outdoor space (if any) do you desire?
Narrow your search
To narrow down your search, first, select home designs from each builder that include all the features on your “must have” list. Then, narrow that list to home designs that include one (or more!) of your DREAM elements. Voilà! What’s left are home design options perfect for YOU! If you haven’t toured these home designs yet, be sure to plan a visit to Sterling Ranch to marvel at the new home models in person.
Get Inspired by the distinctive floorplans at Sterling Ranch
Ready to be inspired? Here is a sampling of beautiful and functional home designs available at Sterling Ranch.