Tips for setting (and achieving!) goals in the new year
New year’s resolutions are little more than a realignment with one’s values. They are personal goals designed to get on track with the bright future one wishes for.
Here are some tips for setting and reaching value-based goals this year:
- Set realistic expectations: Is your goal feasible? Measurable?
- Pinpoint your motivation: Why is this change important to you? Be specific.
- Jot it down — and keep it visible: Are you reminded daily about your goal?
- Stack your activities: Pair something you do every day on autopilot with something you want to incorporate into your routine. For example, if better fitness is a goal, do 5–10 pushups every time you brush your teeth.
- Take it day by day: Did you fall short in your efforts? That’s OK. Brush it off and plunge ahead.
Every morning is an opportunity to start fresh — each new day stretching before you like a blank canvas, with limitless possibility — so seize the day!
Reach your goals at Sterling Ranch
Health & wellness
- The great outdoors: From pocket parks and playgrounds to state parks and internal trails, the options for outdoor adventure seem endless when you live at Sterling Ranch. Organized events such as the 100 Miles Challenge encourage you to explore it all and offer the accountability you may need.
- The Overlook Clubhouse: Build muscle strength year-round at the Overlook Clubhouse’s fitness center. Enjoy heart-healthy activities and stretches at group classes. Love swimming for cardio? The outdoor pool is a perfect match in the warmer months.
- Stimulating presentations: The Active Minds monthly meeting is a great way to stretch your thinking and bolster mental wellness.
- Dance, laugh and catch up with neighbors at community events such as dueling pianos, magic shows, outdoor concerts and movies on the big screen.
- Take the night off from cooking in your gourmet kitchen and enjoy refreshing drinks and tasty food-truck fare with family and friends down at the bustling community hub, the Sterling Center.
- Celebrate holidays and milestones in the Overlook Clubhouse’s Great Room or at the outdoor pavilions.
- It’s all fun and games at weekly trivia & bingo nights.
- Connect with nature — and the past! — with special events like Roxborough State Park’s Intro to the Parks and private tours of nearby Lamb Spring Archaeological Preserve.
- New residents can meet and mingle at the monthly New Homeowner Orientation.
- Kiddos connect through playdates at the community’s many pocket parks and playgrounds and on-site storytimes presented by Douglas County Libraries.