Kids playing in lush parks. Friends enjoying drinks as they test their wits at trivia. Families coming together to watch a movie while they float in the refreshing water of the outdoor pool. From resident-led events such as the ladies’ Farkle club and the “Scooter Gang” to coordinated parades and concerts in the park, summertime was a joyous frenzy of activity at Sterling Ranch — and we’re so grateful. The robust event calendar is just one among many of the unique qualities of this twenty-first-century community.
Let’s have a look back at the engaging events residents enjoyed this summer — but first, allow us to introduce an important person responsible for making it all happen.
Dedicated community lifestyle director
At Sterling Ranch, we’re blessed to have a dedicated community lifestyle director right here in the neighborhood, and we are delighted to welcome Kelsey Wolfe as a newcomer to this important role. The lifestyle director’s job is to:
- Foster connections between residents by coordinating a variety of engaging events;
- Promote a culture that is friendly and welcoming and
- Help to build meaningful relationships with neighborhood businesses.
Ultimately, the community lifestyle director plays an integral role in making Sterling Ranch a thriving, loving, inclusive place to live, where people care about each other and feel a deep affinity to where they reside.
Summer event recap
- Splashing at the pool opening party at the Overlook Clubhouse’s outdoor pool
- Dancing at the first installment of the summer concert series, featuring Buckstein
- Stretching at storytime yoga & the yoga summer camp
- Selling their stuff at the community garage sale
- Privately touring the Lamb Spring Archaeological Preserve
July was a busy month at Sterling Ranch and a great time to get involved in unique summertime events. Residents connected and shared joy as they:
- Showed their pride for America at the exhilarating Stars & Stripes Independence Day festivities and bike parade
- Donned their homes in red, white and blue for the patriotic house decorating contest
- Danced the night away as the Dueling Pianos battled it out on stage.
- Scarfed the West’s favorite burgers at the famous In-N-Out Burger’s food truck.
- Watched Guardians of the Galaxy at the dive-in movie night at the Overlook Clubhouse.
- Found camaraderie in the mud at the beloved Tough Mudder obstacle course.
August brought shorter days and kids going back to school, but the activities on Sterling Ranch’s community event calendar continued to delight:
- Final installment of the summer concert series, featuring That Eighties Band
- Dive-in movie at the outdoor pool
- Teen night
- Movie in Providence Park
- End-of-season party at the Overlook Clubhouse
Ongoing events, many of which take place at the conveniently located Overlook Clubhouse and Sterling Center, kept residents engaged and active throughout the summer:
- Weekly food trucks
- Game night (Trivia and Bingo)
- Active Minds
- Stretch and Strength fitness classes
- New Homeowner orientation
- Book club
Sterling Ranch: A unique, tight-knit community
We proudly consider Sterling Ranch a unique community and are conscientious to create a tight-knit atmosphere for the amazing residents who choose to call this place home. Are you ready to be a part of a welcoming, resident-focused community? We invite you to visit us today and see for yourself what makes Sterling Ranch so special. (Can’t make it in person? Check out our new, immersive Tour of Homes!)