Living our values: stewards for a vibrant future
- Champion animal welfare,
- Maintain a balanced ecosystem,
- Preserve historical landmarks and
- Protect significant green spaces.
- Unique partnerships with other water districts,
- Community rainwater harvesting efforts,
- Water-wise landscape design and
- In-home state-of-the-art water monitoring systems.
- Our ambitious Energy Action Plan will help us realize our commitments to achieving 100% renewable electricity by 2030 and a carbon neutral energy supply by 2040.
- All homes at Sterling Ranch are compliant with Energy Star® standards.
- Every home here is built solar ready.
- We provide state-of-the-art in-home technology so residents can monitor their utility usages.
Celebrate Earth Day with us!
- Plant a tree: In conjunction with National Arbor Day and springtime, now is the perfect time to establish roots.
- Compost your scraps: Instead of trashing your kitchen scraps, collect them and make soil-enhancing compost in a self-contained tumbler (or find a composting service and donate).
- Hang bird feeders: Invite birds and other pollinators to do their work in your backyard.
- Swap incandescent light bulbs for LEDs: This small change brings significant savings.
- Turn off the faucet: When brushing your teeth, washing your hands or scrubbing dirty dishes, conserve water by stopping the flow unless you’re actively using the stream.
- Meet your neighbors at our Community Clean Up event.