“Everyone has something to give and every act of generosity counts.” This is what the folks at GivingTuesday believe, and we wholeheartedly agree. National Day of Giving, or GivingTuesday, is a global generosity movement celebrated on the fourth Tuesday of November (the Tuesday following Thanksgiving). Established in 2012, this special day helps remind us to continue the good work of giving back — to others and to our communities — so we may all live in a better world.
Read on for some suggestions to give back at Sterling Ranch this season.
Inspired ideas for giving back
From our inception, it’s been our guiding principle to provide residents with a lifestyle of enduring joy. At Sterling Ranch, we know inherent joy comes in many forms, and giving is but one way to experience a deep level of joy.
Our residents have shown an unfailing spirit of giving over the years, and we hope all will participate on GivingTuesday — and beyond! We encourage the incredible families that live here to make every day at Sterling Ranch a day of giving back, as we all have so much to be thankful for, things such as beautiful new homes, supportive neighbors and incredible life-enhancing amenities, just to name a few.
How will you give back in your community?
Time and service
- Multiply your efforts: Why volunteer alone? Gather a group and have a bigger impact!
- Be a leader: Is there an organization you wish to support that could benefit from you bringing awareness of its mission to the community? Host an event (or outing)! You could coordinate an environmental clean-up day, organize a blood drive or set up a winter coat collection. Imagine the possibilities!
- Serve it up: Although there is a year-round need for help at soup kitchens, the cold seasons seem particularly important. Take time to connect with those less fortunate — it’s a win-win for all involved.
- Spread the word: Wonder if your community has heard of GivingTuesday? Take the guesswork out and get the message out yourself. By bringing awareness to this celebrated day you’ll not only increase its reach but also its impact.
Money and goods
- Cash out: Nonprofits are always in need of (and grateful for!) monetary gifts. Who could use money? Check out a reputable site such as Great Nonprofits for a thorough list of local organizations worthy of your financial support.
- Provide what’s needed: Don’t have time to volunteer at a soup kitchen? Donate nonperishable items to help fill the bellies of those who are less fortunate.
- Double down: Make your monetary donation stretch further! In conjunction with GivingTuesday, many organizations match gifts — check with your employer to see if you’re able to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Share what you’ve got: The Salvation Army, Goodwill and others rely on community members to donate good-condition items they no longer need. Peek through your closets, dressers and garage shelves to see what you can offer.
Sterling Ranch: Where residents find joy in giving back
It’s a blessing to live in Sterling Ranch — residents who call this special place home know this. Living here, families have so much to be thankful for, and many show gratitude through giving back. Are you ready to find deep joy in your life? Check out our unique community! Inspiring new model homes from award-winning builders are available to tour, seven days a week. Visit us today and explore the possibilities.