Save Money Today. . .
Benefit the World Tomorrow
Generate electricity at a low cost with solar panels on your Sterling Ranch home
Everything we do at Sterling Ranch keeps the future of our children in mind. We endeavor to leave our land exactly as — if not better than — we found it. Additionally, we are on a mission to prepare this community for the technological advancements of the future. As renewable sources of energy become more affordable, more practical, and even more eco-friendly, we want to prepare our residents, their homes, and their children’s homes for what will soon be the “new normal” of energy generation — solar power.
Solar energy is becoming a leading solution for reducing pollution, curbing environmental impact, and powering all the things we power these days. All Sterling Ranch homes come ready for solar panels and our builders work directly with home buyers to install them. In fact, if you drive through Sterling Ranch, you’ll see solar panels on roughly half the homes. You can work with your builder to install solar panels as a part of your new-home construction package, making it easy to lower your environmental impact.
Smart City. Smart Homes.
Be in control of your energy consumption
Never worry about a sky-high energy bill again; at Sterling Ranch, you’re in control of your energy consumption. Thanks to Siemens, our innovative technology partner, Sterling Ranch residents get real-time solar energy generation and energy demand feedback with STEWARD, a smart-home automation assistant that comes standard with every home. This empowering information allows you to manage your consumption, so you can save energy and money on your monthly electric bill. With this knowledge, the benefits of solar panels continue to stack up.
Fun facts about solar
- Solar panels can increase the resale value of a home by as much as $15,000.
- Solar energy is premium — just one hour of noontime summer sun is equal to the annual U.S. electricity demand!
- The payback period for investing in solar is usually between one and four years; after that, you’re in the black.
- Douglas County residents with solar panels enjoy a 79% to 108% offset in their electricity bills.
- Solar panels are usually warranted to last 25 years.
- In Colorado, adding solar panels to your home can bring in annual savings of more than $1,000 per year.
- You can get a massive 26% federal tax rebate for installing solar panels in 2020 (the rebate will be 22% in 2021).
Have you discovered Sterling Ranch yet?
We welcome your visit
If you’ve never been to Sterling Ranch, you may be shocked at the feeling of connection you experience when perusing the natural surroundings, browsing for your dream home, or meeting our Community Ambassadors and your future neighbors. At Sterling Ranch, we are intentionally creating a community where joy resides. Stop by for a visit to find your new home.